Recipe by Miss Annie
Simple and elegant, and pretty. A lovely vegetarian dessert. May be served hot, warm or chilled.
- 2 cups red wine
- 1⁄4 cup creme de cassis
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 4 pears, cored and sliced
- whipped cream
- slivered almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Simmer the wine, crème de cassis, raisins, cinnamon, and honey together for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add the pears and cook gently for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve in bowls or sherbet glasses topped with freshly whipped cream and slivered almonds.
- This dish can be prepared hours in advance and is good hot, warm, or chilled.