- 709.77 ml port wine
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 3 piece lemon rind, 2-inches each
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 20 black peppercorns
- 5 whole cloves
- 1 piece cinnamon stick, 3-inches
- 4 bartlett pears, peeled, cored, halved
- 4 sprig of fresh mint
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Add pear halves; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 8 minutes or until tender.
- Remove pear halves with a slotted spoon, and place in a large shallow bowl. Cover and chill.
- Bring wine mixture to a boil, and cook 8 minutes or until reduced to 1 cup.
- Pour wine mixture through fine mesh sieve into a small bowl; discard spices and lemon. Cover and chill.
- Place 2 pear halves in each of 4 dessert dishes; top with sauce. Garnish with mint sprigs.