1/2 Photos of Pears in Spiced White Wine
This can be a dessert on its own, a side for another dessert, a condiment for a cake or just a little treat. You can easily make this in advance and keep it in the fridge for a week (if the stay that long). I make much more of the white wine, because it is great on its own.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine white wine, sugar, spices and peel of lemon in a suited pot.
- 2Heat up but do not let it boil.
- 3Meanwhile put the lemon juice into a bowl.
- 4Peel the pears and quarter them lenghtwise. Core them. Put them into the bowl with lemon juice to avoid browning.
- 5After you have prepared all pears this way add them and the lemon juice to the wine mixture.
- 6Poach the pears for about 10 - 15 minutes, but don't let them boil. The pears should be soft, but still a bit firm at the end.
- 7Put the pears into a suited preserving jar and cover them with white wine brew. Do not remove the spices.
- 8Store them in the fridge for at least 12 hours to blend all the flavors.
- 10NOTE: there might be more white wine brew than you need. Put it in the fridge and enjoy it cold with a bit of ice and a lemon wedge.
- 11SERVING: Serve the pears at room tempearture with a dollop of your favorite ice cream for an easy dessert. Add some of the white wine brew to it.
- 12NOTE: try these pears also in an easy pear cake or tarte. The peares will be soft and their flavor will blend into the cake and will make it moist.
- 13Cooking time does not include time for cooling.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pears in Spiced White Wine
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 333.2
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 8.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 48.9 g
- Protein 1.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of