Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 3 large ripe pears, peeled and chunked (such as Bosc or Bartlett)
- 3 cups rioja wine
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons strawberry preserves or 2 tablespoons raspberry preserves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Place pears in a saucepan.
- Add the wine, sugar, cinnamon stick and raisins.
- Bring to a boil, reduce and let simmer for 5 to 10 minutes until pears are at the desired tenderness.
- Remove pears and raisins from the syrup.
- Discard the cinnamon stick.
- Add the preserves and lemon juice.
- Bring the syrup to a boil.
- Let boil for 3 to 5 minutes to melt preserves.
- Pour sauce over pears and serve.