Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Pears and Ice Cream combine to make a new type of Ice Sunday.
- 2 pear halves in syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 2 -4 tablespoons hot fudge
- 2 tablespoons toasted almonds, slivered
- Combine pears and pear syrup with vanilla.
- Cover and refrigerate 3 to 4 hours.
- At serving time, disregard syrup. Arrange pears with a scoop of vanilla ice cream in each of 2 stemmed dessert dishes.
- Pour Hot Fudge Sauce over.
- Garnish with toasted almonds.
Delightful and quick. This is good enough to serve to guests.
Made your recipe as given except that I included four pear halves instead of just the two, which made a nice serving for each of us! An easy-to-make, delicious dessert, & one I'll be making again! [Made & reviewed just for the halibut!]
I made this with a 410gram can of pears in fruit juice (did not discard juice after soaking in vanilla - used in a smoothie) and a squirt of cream with Debbwl's Hot Fudge Sauce (1/2 Cup) (though with diabetics in mind only a couple of tablespoons full) and it was delicious. Thank you Debbwl, made for Make My Recipe - Edition 11.