Recipe by Countrywife
A super dessert--great for unexpected guests. It lives all snug and secure in your freezer and pantry until needed.
Top Review by Michelle S.
This is a very elegant dessert. I have made it twice now and cannot believe I forgot to review it the first time! The only thing I did differently was to use Lee Lee's famous chocolate sauce recipe #19678 instead of the hot fudge. I just feel the fudge is too thick and heavy for the pears, I like all the flavors to shine through in this blissfully easy and SO delicious recipe. This will become a dessert staple in this house. It is a wonderfully light way to end a meal. Thank you for sharing this recipe with us all.
- 1 (14 ounce) can pear halves in natural juice
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1 (6 ounce) jar hot fudge
- 1⁄2 pint heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- chopped almonds (optional) or salted nuts, for garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Chill pears during dinner.
- Heat hot fudge topping in microwave one minute.
- Whip cream and add vanilla and sugar.
- Put one or two pear halves in a small bowl.
- Put a scoop (about 1/2 cup) ice cream over pears.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons of hot fudge over ice cream.
- Plop a couple of spoonfuls of whipped cream on top.
- Sprinkle with a teaspoon or so chopped nuts (optional).