Recipe by Jenny Frenny
A famous dessert of my mom's for many years. Dosn't seem like a special occasion with out it for dessert. The chocolate sauce can be made before dinner and warmed up gently over the double boiler.
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup superfine sugar
- 4 ounces German sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- vanilla ice cream
- 6 canned pear halves
Directions See How It's Made
- In a double boiler, dissolve the sugar in 2 tablespoons of the cream.
- Remove the double boiler from the burner, but keep melted sugar over the hot water in the bottom pan.
- Add the chopped chocolates to the melted sugar and stir until creamy and melted.
- With a wisk, mix in the remaining cream until smooth and creamy. Keep warm.
- Place 1 or 2 scoops of ice-cream into each dessert bowl. Place 1 pear half on each scoop of ice-cream. Spoon the warm sauce over both. Serve immediately.