- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 8 fresh pears, halved and cored
- 1⁄2 cup Curacao (or similar liqueur)
- 1⁄2 cup black currant jam
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 pinch sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the water, vanilla and 1 cup sugar until the sugar dissolves.
- Poach the pears in this syrup until soft; remove the pears.
- Add the Curaçao to the syrup and cook until thick.
- Put pear halves on a serving platter or on 8 individual serving dishes and fill the centers with 1/2 Tbs jam per pear half.
- Pour the syrup over them.
- Whip the cream until stiff, beat in the pinch of sugar, and spoon over the pears.