Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a creamy, sweet, crunchy salad. I had a bunch of pears I had to use and came up with this. Served on a bed of greens and I topped with candied walnuts as you see in the picture.This would be nice for a brunch.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- salt & pepper
- 2 sprigs fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 2 pears, peeled cored and diced
- 1⁄3 cup red pepper, diced
- 1⁄3 cup frozen baby peas (NOT CANNED)
- 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts, chopped
- Mix salad dressing in bowl.
- Add all salad ingredients to dressing.
- Plate on a bed of greens and top with candied walnuts.
Very tasty salad, easy to put together, and the combo of the peas and the craisins made a great conversation piece. I served this up for Saturday lunch and just a bit was left over to be noshed on Saturday night.
You are over the top on this one! Excellant! Refreshing on these hot days!
light and refreshing, i love pears in salads. and the celery and walnuts do give it a nice crunch. great lunch.