Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from 1000 Great Recipes. “Stilton is the classic British blue cheese, but you could use blue Cheshire instead, or even Gorgonzola.” Posting for ZWT3. From stiltoncheese.com: "Eighteenth century travellers encountering their first taste of Stilton™ cheese must have spread the word of its remarkable, mouth-pleasing flavour. Today, nearly 300 years later, Stilton is still made exclusively in the counties of Leicestershire, Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire from local milk."
- 4 ripe pears
- 3 ounces blue Stilton cheese
- 3 tablespoons curd cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- fresh watercress leaf, to garnish
- First make the dressing. Place the olive oil, lemon juice and poppy seeds in a screw-topped jar and shake until emulsified.
- Cut the pears in half lengthwise, then scoop out the cores and cut away the calyx from the rounded end.
- Beat together the Stilton, curd cheese and a little pepper.
- Divide this mixture among the cavities in the pears.
- Shake the dressing to mix it again, and then spoon it over the pears. Serve garnished with watercress.