Recipe by Pilates Gal
An easy dessert originally from Joanna Lund that I changed just a little.
Top Review by Chef Jean
This should really be 3 1/2 stars. I think it needs a little more liquid or a little less powdered milk, I could really taste the powdered milk. Other than that, this was a great, simple dessert.
- 1 graham cracker pie crust
- 2 cups canned pear halves in natural juice (16 oz can)
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding (4 serving size)
- 2⁄3 cup powdered milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon brandy extract or 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup raspberry jam
- 1 cup Cool Whip
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain pears, reserving liquid, and coarsely chop. Toss into pie crust.
- Add enough water to pear juice to equal 1 cup liquid. Combine pudding mix and dry milk powder, stir in the juice and mix well. Stir in the extract, jam and 1/4 cup cool whip. Spread over the pears.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes. Top with remaining cool whip. Can sprinkle some graham cracker crumbs over top if you like.