Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
My mother-in-law was a gracious lady--born and raised in the Deep South. Being a California girl all my life didn't stop me from having a real love for her southern cooking--especially her wonderful tomato gravy!
- 4 tablespoons flour
- salt & pepper
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (approx.)
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut-up
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 3 minced fresh garlic cloves
- Brown flour in dry cast iron skillet over medium heat stirring constantly until medium brown (approx. five minutes).
- Add salt and pepper to season.
- When flour is nicely browned, stir in water to desired consistency of gravy.
- Cook and stir until smooth.
- Add tomatoes, onion, bell pepper and garlic. Simmer a few minutes.
- Serve over biscuits.
AWWWW thank you for posting the world needs to try it although i dont like onions i just pretended like i didnt see it on the list