Pearl is the aunt of a friend, and this is auntie's recipe. I really liked it and thought others here would too! I liked it at room temperature, but you could serve it chilled.
- 1⁄2 lb spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Chinese chili sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons tahini
- 1⁄2 tablespoon white sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 slice fresh ginger, size of a dime,peeled and chopped
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped English cucumber
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Prepare spaghetti according to package directions just until al dente stage; drain and rinse with cold water; drain well.
- Toss cooked noodles with sesame oil; set aside.
- To prepare sauce, whisk all sauce ingredients together.
- Pour over noodles and toss well.
- Grind pepper over to taste, then garnish with cucumber and coriander.