Recipe by Lennie
Pearl is the aunt of a friend, and this is auntie's recipe. I really liked it and thought others here would too! I liked it at room temperature, but you could serve it chilled.
Top Review by Mirj
Another winner from Lennie! I could really get addicted to these noodles. I used curly spirals instead of spaghetti, and they seemed to hold the dressing well. I also added a touch more ginger and a bit more tahini than called for, and it was a major taste explosion! I am going to make this often! Thanks Lennie, I adore your recipes!
- 1⁄2 lb spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Chinese chili sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons tahini
- 1⁄2 tablespoon white sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 slice fresh ginger, size of a dime,peeled and chopped
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped English cucumber
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare spaghetti according to package directions just until al dente stage; drain and rinse with cold water; drain well.
- Toss cooked noodles with sesame oil; set aside.
- To prepare sauce, whisk all sauce ingredients together.
- Pour over noodles and toss well.
- Grind pepper over to taste, then garnish with cucumber and coriander.