- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups cooked rice, cooled
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon curry powder, yellow (Pearl swears by Spice Island)
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chicken-flavored vegetarian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium eggs, slightly beaten (optional, recipe is vegan if ommitted)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in medium pan. Cook frozen vegetables, stirring often, for about 2 minutes. Gently stir in rice and raisins (you don't want to mash up the rice, just mix the ingredients). Stir in curry powder.
- Add orange juice and soy sauce.
- Stir in "chicken" flavoring, salt and pepper.
- If desired, you may stir in the eggs and stir occasionally for 3-5 minutes.