Recipe by FLUFFSTER
I am fortunate enough to have a recipe book by Isaac Hayes(Shaft). It's full of mouth-watering recipes of good, old fashioned soul food. Every single recipe is made with such love. I hope you will enjoy this, and many others of this giant of a man with a giant voice. You can decorate this with berries, cherries, or any fruit you want. Cooking time is approximate.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup Kahlua
- 3 (2 ounce) Heath candy bars (approx. 2 oz each)
- 3 (15 1/2 ounce) Hershey chocolate candy bars (15.5oz.each)
- 1 (3 ounce) packagejell-o chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 (12 ounce) container Cool Whip
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake cake (according to box instructions)in a 9x13-inch pan. After cake has cooled in the pan for about 15 minutes, cut into small cubes and, leaving them in the pan, pour the Kahlua over the cake cubes to soak for a few hours.
- Coarsely chop candy bars together in a food processor.
- Make the pudding with 1 cup less milk than the ingredients call for(which would be 1 cup).
- On the bottom of a trifle bowl, place half of the soaked cake and top with a layer of half of the pudding, then half of the candy pieces and then half of the Cool Whip.
- Repeat, finishing with the Cool Whip on top.
- Garnish with fruit, if desired.
- Keep refrigerated.