Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
An easy Spanish tapas dish. Serve along with at least 2 other tapas.
- 1 lb small pearl onions or 1 lb shallot
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 7 ounces shery vinegar
- 3 -4 ounces sherry wine
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs
- salt & pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Peel the pearl onion.
- Put the oil in a saute pan. Heat over med heat and add the onion. Saute until light golden color.
- Sprinkle sugar over onions and caramelize for about a minute.
- Pour in sherry vinegar and sherry. Add thyme twigs, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Cool and then serve in small bowls.
This was a great recipe. I think the pearl onions and the sherry went well together. Well, I think sherry goes well with all kinds of onions, so this was well enjoyed. I love the fresh herbs in this as well.