Makes a pretty presentation and works well as a side dish to any holiday meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1/2 lb white pearl onions, blanched and skinned or 1/2 lb frozen white pearl onion, thawed and drained
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard or 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2-1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 1/2-1 cup gruyere cheese or 1/2-1 cup edam cheese, your choice
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) can of frenchs French-fried onions
- 1Clean and trim base of cauliflower so that stays stable on a serving dish, leaving the head whole.
- 2In a large pot, steam the head of cauliflower until it is crisp tender and slightly pliable 7-10 minutes.
- 3Remove cauliflower and let cool enough to handle.
- 4Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 5Stuff the pearl onions between the cauliflower floweret's.
- 6Place the stuffed cauliflower head on an oven proof platter, or in baking dish that you will also use to serve the cauliflower.
- 7Mix mayonnaise,mustard and shredded cheese together, then spread over entire head of cauliflower.
- 8Sprinkle with the canned fried onions.
- 9Bake at 350F for 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly and the cauliflower is heated through.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pearl Onion Stuffed Cauliflower
Serving Size: 1 (112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 119.4
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 12.4 mg
- Sodium 216.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 4.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: