Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Makes a pretty presentation and works well as a side dish to any holiday meal.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1⁄2 lb white pearl onions, blanched and skinned or 1⁄2 lb frozen white pearl onion, thawed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard or 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2-1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 1⁄2-1 cup gruyere cheese or 1⁄2-1 cup edam cheese, your choice
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) canof frenchs French-fried onions
- Clean and trim base of cauliflower so that stays stable on a serving dish, leaving the head whole.
- In a large pot, steam the head of cauliflower until it is crisp tender and slightly pliable 7-10 minutes.
- Remove cauliflower and let cool enough to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Stuff the pearl onions between the cauliflower floweret's.
- Place the stuffed cauliflower head on an oven proof platter, or in baking dish that you will also use to serve the cauliflower.
- Mix mayonnaise,mustard and shredded cheese together, then spread over entire head of cauliflower.
- Sprinkle with the canned fried onions.
- Bake at 350F for 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly and the cauliflower is heated through.