Recipe by Derf
Best chilled for 24 hours. Wonderful side with any meat. Especially nice with cold chicken or other cold meats.
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a saucepan of water to a boil, add the onions, and boil for 3 minutes.
- Rinse onions under cold running water.
- Trim the root on each onion.
- Grasp the root end and gently squeeze toward the stem until the onion slips out of its skin.
- When the onions are peeled, put the honey in a small saucepan and cook for about 1 minute over low heat, until it liquefies.
- Stir in the vinegar.
- Cook, stirring until well mixed, about 1 minute more.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the onions.
- Cool to room temperature, then chill in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours.