Prep 30 mins
Cook 11 mins
Great marmalade with pears, orange, lemon, pineapple and cherries.
- 4 cups bartlett pears (ripe)
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- 8 1⁄4 ounces pineapple (crushed undrained)
- 1⁄4 cup maraschino cherry
- 3 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 box sure jell light fruit pectin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon butter
- Peel and core pears.
- Finely chop or grind fruit.
- Measure 4 cups into a 8 quart saucepan.
- Remove colored part of peel from orange using a vegetable peeler, set aside.
- Remove and discard remaining white part of peel from orange.
- Chop fruit, reserving any juice.
- Add to saucepan.
- Repeat procedure with lemon and add to saucepan.
- Cut orange and lemon peels into thin slivers or chop and add to saucepan.
- Add crushed pineapple in juice and chopped maraschino cherries to saucepan and mix thoroughly.
- Measure sugar in a separate bowl.
- Mix 1/4 cup sugar from measured amount and pectin in a small bowl.
- Stir pectin sugar mixture into fruit in saucepan and add butter.
- Place over high heat and bring to a full boil, stirring constantly.
- Immediately stir in remain sugar.
- Bring to a full rolling boil and boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Ladle quickly into hot jar, filling with 1/8 inch of tops.
- Wipe jar rims and threads.
- Cover with two piece lids.
- Screw band tightly.
- Place jars in boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
- Makes about 7 (1 cup) jars.