Great marmalade with pears, orange, lemon, pineapple and cherries.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and core pears.
- 2Finely chop or grind fruit.
- 3Measure 4 cups into a 8 quart saucepan.
- 4Remove colored part of peel from orange using a vegetable peeler, set aside.
- 5Remove and discard remaining white part of peel from orange.
- 6Chop fruit, reserving any juice.
- 7Add to saucepan.
- 8Repeat procedure with lemon and add to saucepan.
- 9Cut orange and lemon peels into thin slivers or chop and add to saucepan.
- 10Add crushed pineapple in juice and chopped maraschino cherries to saucepan and mix thoroughly.
- 11Measure sugar in a separate bowl.
- 12Mix 1/4 cup sugar from measured amount and pectin in a small bowl.
- 13Stir pectin sugar mixture into fruit in saucepan and add butter.
- 14Place over high heat and bring to a full boil, stirring constantly.
- 15Immediately stir in remain sugar.
- 16Bring to a full rolling boil and boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 17Ladle quickly into hot jar, filling with 1/8 inch of tops.
- 18Wipe jar rims and threads.
- 19Cover with two piece lids.
- 20Screw band tightly.
- 21Place jars in boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
- 22Makes about 7 (1 cup) jars.
Nutritional Facts for Peardise Marmalade
Serving Size: 1 (25 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 70
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 51.9
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 11.4 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: