Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
A great bread to have with breakfast, or as a snack. Makes 2 loaves.
- 2 cups chopped peeled pears
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs, beated
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350*. In a large bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients.
- In a smaller bowl, mix flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder, and salt until well blended, and add to egg mixture. Fold in pecans.
- Pour into 2 greased 8x4x2-in. loaf pans. Bake 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes; remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Since I have five loaves of this bread in the freezer I thought it about time I reviewed the recipe! I have no pumpkin pie spice but used 1t of cinnamon and 1/2t nutmeg. The first time I made the recipe I was not fond of the chunks of pear. The second time I grated the pear along with the zucchini and it was fantastic. Thanks for a great way to use up some pears!
Excellent! I had an overload of pears and my neighbor had given me some zucchini, so this recipe was perfect. I used 3 smaller loaf pans. Lovely moist loaves.