Recipe by Steve P.
Excellent way to prepare the abundant fall harvest of pears. Serve at room temperature or on crisp fall night nuke for a few seconds and serve warm. For an added treat serve with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream.
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 ripe pears, peeled,cored and sliced
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, powdered sugar, butter, 1/2 teaspoon of the cinnamon and salt; mix well.
- Press into the bottom of a greased 7 x 11-inch baking dish.
- Top with nuts and pear slices.
- In the same mixing bowl, beat together eggs, brown sugar, vanilla and remaining cinnamon until well combined; pour over pears.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until set in center.
- Cool completely before cutting into squares.