1/3 Photos of Pear & Walnut Salad W/Creamy Bleu (Blue) Cheese Dressing
This salad is a little different from most pear and walnut salads as it has a creamy bleu cheese dressing, not a vinaigrette. The creaminess of the dressing, the sweetness of the pears, the crunch from the glazed walnuts and a little zip from the dried cranberries make this a very unique and tasty salad. I started making it this way a few years ago, and everyone loved it, so it is a staple in our house now. The combination of the flavors is awesome. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 ounces blue cheese (crumbled)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayo, sour cream and lemon juice until smooth.
- 2Fold in the bleu cheese crumbles and add salt and pepper.
- 3Refrigerate until ready to use.
- 4Tear a combination of the romaine and red leaf lettuce into individual serving bowls or onto plates and top with the bleu cheese dressing.
- 5Place the pear slices on top of the dressing and finish each salad with the glazed walnuts and a sprinkling of cranberries.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pear & Walnut Salad W/Creamy Bleu (Blue) Cheese Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 324.2
- Calories from Fat 222
- Total Fat 24.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 33.2 mg
- Sodium 501.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: