Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This delicious cake is sweet, soft for the pears and crisp for the walnuts:
Make and share this Pear, Walnut & Ricotta Pie recipe from Food.com.
- To prepare the pear, walnuts, ricotta pie start peeling the four pears, preferably ripe, take away the central core and cut into small pieces. Put them in a bowl along with the chopped walnuts and with very little lime juice to prevent discoloring.
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees C (325 degrees F). In a large bowl, beat with a whisk (or a planet) sugar with ricotta. Add 3 eggs one at a time and continue beating the mixture.
- Add the grated lime zest.
- Sift the flour with the baking powder and add to the mixture, stirring with a wooden spoon until you get a smooth dough. If needed, use the whisk. Stir in pears and walnuts with ‘any sauce that had formed and mix well.
- Pour into a cake pan with parchment paper.
- Now bake the cake at 160 C (325 F) for 50/60 minutes, until introducing a toothpick in the center of the cake, these will be dry. In case the cake you were to darken too much on the surface during cooking cover with aluminum foil.
- Remove the cake from the oven, let it cool, put it on a serving plate and if you wish sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.