Recipe by bluejay11702
Another one from Real Age, which says, "These pizzas are great with a green salad for a quick supper; wedges can also be served up as cocktail-hour fare." Looks yummy!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 1 medium ripe pear, sliced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 8 (4 inch) whole wheat pita bread
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled blue cheese, such as Gorgonzola
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until soft and golden, about 7 minutes. Stir in pear and cook, stirring often, until slightly soft and heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Add vinegar and pepper and continue cooking, stirring often, until the liquid has evaporated and the onion is tender and coated with a dark glaze, about 2 minutes more.
- Divide the onion-pear mixture among the pitas; sprinkle with cheese and walnuts. Transfer the pitas to a large baking sheet and bake until crispy and the cheese is melted, 10 to 15 minutes.