Recipe by SouthernBell2627
This recipe is from www.delmonte.com
Top Review by JohnsCutie
I liked this. I omitted the nuts and added pineapple because we just don't eat nuts with good results at our house. I still would have liked something to give it a more distinctive flavor. Now, I couldn't find the Orchard Fresh pears in our supermarket, so that may have something to do with it.
- 8 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 (26 ounce) jardel monte orchard select sliced canned pears, drained
- 1⁄2 cup toasted slivered almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine celery, mayonnaise, cheese and lemon juice; toss gently.
- Line bowl with lettuce; spoon celery and cheese mixture into bowl.
- Arrange pears around salad; sprinkle with toasted almonds.
- *Omit Cheddar cheese and sprinkle 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese over salad.