Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Cooking Light October 2006.
Make and share this Pear-Vanilla Freezer Jam recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups coarsely chopped peeled bartlett pears (about 5 large)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice, plus
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) package pectin, crystals
- 4 cups sugar
- Place pear in a food processor; pulse until finely chopped.
- Place pear, rind, juice, and vanilla bean in a large saucepan.
- Stir in pectin.
- Place pan over high heat; bring to a boil.
- Stir in sugar; cook 5 minutes or until sugar dissolves.
- Bring to a boil; cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Skim foam from surface; discard.
- Remove vanilla bean. Scrape seeds into pear mixture; discard bean.
- Stir 5 minutes to ensure fruit is suspended in jam.
- Cover and chill overnight.
- Refrigerate jam in airtight containers up to three weeks, or freeze up to six months.