Vino Girl's Note:
From Cooking Light October 2006.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place pear in a food processor; pulse until finely chopped.
- 2Place pear, rind, juice, and vanilla bean in a large saucepan.
- 3Stir in pectin.
- 4Place pan over high heat; bring to a boil.
- 5Stir in sugar; cook 5 minutes or until sugar dissolves.
- 6Bring to a boil; cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 7Remove from heat.
- 8Skim foam from surface; discard.
- 9Remove vanilla bean. Scrape seeds into pear mixture; discard bean.
- 10Stir 5 minutes to ensure fruit is suspended in jam.
- 11Cover and chill overnight.
- 12Refrigerate jam in airtight containers up to three weeks, or freeze up to six months.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pear-Vanilla Freezer Jam
Serving Size: 1 (34 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 44
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 83.2
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 19.6 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: