1 hr 5 mins
Absolutely delicious!! Found a recipe on the net for a pineapple upside down cake but substituted pears for pineapple. The family loved it! Its so simple...one cannot go wrong.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Melt 1/3 cup of butter in a 9 inch square cake pan in the oven and remove from heat.
- 3Stir in the brown sugar.
- 4Arrange pear slices in a sunburst fashion on top of the sugar.
- 5In a small bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- 6Set aside.
- 7In a medium bowl cream remaining butter and sugar.
- 8Add eggs one at a time and continue beating until light.
- 9Stir in vanilla.
- 10Alternate additions of dry ingredients and milk to the creamed mixture, beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
- 11Pour over the pear in the cake pan.
- 12Bake for 55 minutes, until toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- 13Cool for 10 minutes, then turn upside down over a serving plate.
- 14Leave the pan on top of the cake for 2 to 3 minutes to let all the syrup and fruit drop out.
- 15Serve warm with cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pear Upside Down Cake
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 468.5
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 95.0 mg
- Sodium 405.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 47.2 g
- Protein 5.0 g