Recipe by Honeybeee
Absolutely delicious!! Found a recipe on the net for a pineapple upside down cake but substituted pears for pineapple. The family loved it! Its so simple...one cannot go wrong.
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 4 pears, peeled,pitted and quartered lengthwise
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt 1/3 cup of butter in a 9 inch square cake pan in the oven and remove from heat.
- Stir in the brown sugar.
- Arrange pear slices in a sunburst fashion on top of the sugar.
- In a small bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Set aside.
- In a medium bowl cream remaining butter and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time and continue beating until light.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Alternate additions of dry ingredients and milk to the creamed mixture, beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
- Pour over the pear in the cake pan.
- Bake for 55 minutes, until toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes, then turn upside down over a serving plate.
- Leave the pan on top of the cake for 2 to 3 minutes to let all the syrup and fruit drop out.
- Serve warm with cream.