Recipe by auntchelle
Serve these warm or cold, but do serve them freshly baked. (If you do want to eat them later zap in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds to refresh.) I like them just the way they are but you could spread with some low fat spread and honey or jam.
- 75 g whole wheat flour (wholemeal flour)
- 50 g plain flour
- 15 ml baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 50 g natural bran
- 50 g reduced fat margarine
- 50 g light brown sugar (soft)
- 1 egg
- 200 ml skim milk
- 50 g dried pears, chopped (easy way is to use a kitchen scissors)
- 50 g golden raisins (sultanas)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200 deg C/400 deg F/Gas 6. Line a 12 muffin tin with muffin cases or lightly coat with spray oil.
- Sift together the flours, baking powder and salt. Mix in the bran.
- Put the spread in a micro-safe jug then gently melt. Now mix in the sugar, egg and milk then pour over the dry ingredients.
- Gently fold in the liquid but only enough to combine. Do not over mix, the mix should look quite lumpy.
- Fold in pears and golden raisins (sultanas). Spoon mixture into prepared tins.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until well risen and golden. Cool on a wire rack.