Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Chicken, special enough for company!
Make and share this Pear Stuffed Chicken Breasts recipe from Food.com.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, skin on
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 (14 ounce) can bartlett pears
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley (optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 green onion, sliced thinly
- 1 smashed garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon finely grated ginger
- 1⁄2 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Melt butter in a nonstick frying pan over medium heat.
- Add onions, garlic and ginger and cook stirring often, for 2 to 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add broccoli and cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and add breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, sundried tomatoes, basil and pepper. Set aside.
- Drain pears, reserving juice, and chop enough fruit to make 1/2 cup.
- Stir into stuffing mixture. Makes about 2 cups of stuffing.
- Using a meat mallet or the edge of a plate, pound chicken breasts between 2 pieces of plastic wrap until 1/4 inch thick.
- Divide stuffing between each chicken breast and roll up tightly.
- Use toothpicks, poultry pins or kitchen string to secure rolls closed.
- In a plastic bag or bowl, combine flour, salt, pepper and tarragon. Mix until combined.
- Dredge chicken rolls in flour mixture until evenly coated.
- Heat oil in frying pan set over medium high heat.
- Add chicken and brown, turning often, for about 10 minutes until golden.
- Add white wine and water to the pan.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium.
- Cook, uncovered and turning chicken often, for 30 minutes or until an instant read thermometer inserted in centre of chicken registers 180f.
- Transfer chicken to a platter and keep warm in oven.
- Whisk cornstarch into pear juice.
- Whisking, pour juice mixture into pan juices.
- Bring to boil and simmer, stirring often for 5 to 10 minutes or until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Stir in remaining pears and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle with parsley if desired.
- Serve chicken rolls with the sauce on the side.