Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Crispy, delicious and low-fat!
Make and share this Pear Strudel in Phyllo recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 200C; line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine pears, half the walnuts and 1 tablespoon of sugar in a bowl.
- Place a sheet of pastry onto workbench. Spray with oil. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of breadcrumbs. Top with another layer of pastry.
- Repeat with oil, breadcrumbs and pastry to form 8 layers.
- Spoon peach mixture along one long edge of pastry, leaving a 4cm border at short ends. Fold ends in and roll up. Lift onto prepared tray.
- Brush with egg mixture and sprinkle with remaining sugar, walnuts and cinnamon.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until pastry is golden. Stand for 10 minutes.
This strudel was delicious! I am from Austria and know my strudels...Moist and flaky with a delicious pear - raspberry filling. We served it with whipped cream - a real treat! Thanks for posting!
Yummy... what a treat this is, and it wasn't so hard to put together either. I served it with whipped cream , so not so low fat after all after my addition. This was reviewed by a houseload of guests, some gave it 3 stars and some 4 stars and over all the 4 stars won out by a narrow margain. It seems that people either love warm fruit in a dessert .. or not ..as my reviewers remarked in both positive and not so positive views. Presentation was impressive and I'll be repeating this for the fruit lovers in the future. Thanks for a great recipe :)