- 825 g pears, drained, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 8 sheets phyllo pastry
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 3⁄4 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1 egg yolk, beaten with
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200C; line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine pears, half the walnuts and 1 tablespoon of sugar in a bowl.
- Place a sheet of pastry onto workbench. Spray with oil. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of breadcrumbs. Top with another layer of pastry.
- Repeat with oil, breadcrumbs and pastry to form 8 layers.
- Spoon peach mixture along one long edge of pastry, leaving a 4cm border at short ends. Fold ends in and roll up. Lift onto prepared tray.
- Brush with egg mixture and sprinkle with remaining sugar, walnuts and cinnamon.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until pastry is golden. Stand for 10 minutes.