As per recipe request.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup finely chopped dried pear halves or 1/3 cup golden raisin
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 large ripe pears, peeled, halved, cored and thinly sliced (12-14 ounces total)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons strained fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 4 strudel sheets or 4 phyllo pastry, thawed if frozen
- 6 tablespoons unsalted margarine, melted
- 4 tablespoons dry cookie crumbs or 4 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- confectioners' sugar, for serving
- 1Thoroughly mix the dried pears with the pecans in a large bowl.
- 2Add the remaining filling ingredients and mix well.
- 3Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- 4Lighly grease a baking sheet.
- 5Lay 1 phyllo sheet on a large sheet of wax paper.
- 6Brush with the melted margarine and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon crumbs.
- 7Top with a second sheet of phyllo.
- 8Brush with margarine and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of crumbs.
- 9Keep remaining phyllo sheets covered.
- 10Put half the filling near one long end of the top sheet, arranging it in a log shape and leaving a 1 inch border.
- 11Starting with that end, carefully roll up the dough as for a jelly roll, using the paper to help support the dough.
- 12End the roll with the seam on the bottom.
- 13Transfer the roll to the baking sheet and brush the top with margarine.
- 14Repeat with the remaining filling and remaining dough.
- 15Bake 25 minutes or until golden.
- 16Just before serving the strudel, sprinkle it with confectioners' sugar.
- 17Serve warm if desired.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pear Strudel
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 279.9
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 24.2 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: