Recipe by Seasoned Cook
A DELIGHT! In 1970 I found this recipe in a magazine and my family has enjoyed this amazing dessert ever since! Makes a beautiful pie...try it, you'll get compliments!
- 4 cups pears, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon mace
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2⁄3 cup coconut
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine pear slices, sugar, lemon juice, butter, salt and mace in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat for 8 minutes.
- Lift pears out with a slotted spoon and place in pie shell.
- In a small bowl mix cornstarch and water until smooth. Add to mixture in saucepan. Cook, stirring until thick.
- Pour mixture over pears and place pie on a baking sheet. Bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Mix strusel topping with a fork until crumbly. Sprinkle on top of pie and bake an additional 10 minutes until lightly browned.