Recipe by zeldaz51
Adapted from a Weber recipe. The combination of sweet pear, creamy/tangy cheeses, and salty prosciutto is a great balance of flavors.
- 2 ripe pears, such as Bosc, about 3/4 pound total
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 baguette, cut into 20 slices
- 4 thin slices prosciutto
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled Stilton cheese
- 3 tablespoons honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel, quarter, and core the pears. Toss them with the lemon juice in a medium bowl, then lightly brush all sides of each piece with oil.
- Brush one side of each baguette slice with oil.
- Grill the pears on medium heat, with the lid closed as much as possible, turning occasionally, until crisp-tender, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from grill and cut each quarter into about eight slices.
- Grill the baguette slices and the prosciutto over direct medium heat with the lid open about 1 to 2 minutes, until the bread is lightly toasted on one side and the prosciutto is crisp. Remove from the grill and chop the prosciutto.
- Combine the cheeses in a small bowl, spread about 1 tablespoon of the mixture on the grilled side of each baguette slice. Place about 3 slices of pear on top of the cheese and top with some chopped grilled prosciutto, then drizzle with a small amount of honey.