Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another healthy recipe that I have collected for my pre-summer health push. I found this in the "Healthy Eating" cookbook put out by "The Australian Woman's Weekly" I was particularly drawn to it by the dressing as it is without oil which always pushes up the calorie count a good deal.
- 1 large pear, cut into thin wedges
- 2 ounces baby spinach leaves
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped coarsely
- 1 stalk celery, trimmed and chopped coarsely
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh apple juice
- Place ingredients for mustard dressing in a screw-top jar and shake well.
- Place pear, spinach, nuts and celery in medium bowl and toss gently to combine.
- Serve salad drizzled with dressing.
I like the salad but next time I ill add just a bit of olive oil to the dressing. My husband found the dressing a wee bit strong for him. So nice to have different kinds of salads during the summer. Made for Zwt5 for the Cooks with Dirty faces.
Made for the Zaar World Tour 5 as part of an Australian medley dinner. The combination of pears, baby spinach, walnuts, and celery is a combination I never conceived. The mixture of mustard, cider vinegar and fresh apple juice give a sweet, tangy kick to the salad. I did substitue salted walnuts to balance the sweet pear. Would definitely eat again, Mates!
Made this for DD 18th Birthday yesterday. Made for 10 people...It was really good...everyone ranted and raved over. I will make this again this summer! Thanks so much for posting this recipe! Made and reviewed for Zaar World Tour 5 for the Zaar Chowhounds.