A delicious and refreshing frozen treat with subtle flavors. I received this recipe from my favorite Aunt several years ago and for some reason never made it. Recently I discovered it stuck in an old cookbook of mine and made it that night, what a mistake I made by waiting so long to make it, it is wonderful. Of course everything my Aunt made was wonderful. :-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve jello in boiling water.
- 2Add sugar and stir well, cool.
- 3Mash pears or blend in a food processor.
- 4Stir pears into jello mixture.
- 5Add milk and salt to pear/jello mixture and stir well.
- 6Pour into an ice cream maker or place into a large bowl and put in freezer.
- 7After two hours or so take out of the freezer and put into a mixing bowl and beat on high until smooth and fluffy.
- 8Refreeze until firm.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pear Sorbet
Serving Size: 1 (333 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 363.1
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 22.7 mg
- Sodium 173.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 61.2 g
- Protein 6.7 g