Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A delicious and refreshing frozen treat with subtle flavors. I received this recipe from my favorite Aunt several years ago and for some reason never made it. Recently I discovered it stuck in an old cookbook of mine and made it that night, what a mistake I made by waiting so long to make it, it is wonderful. Of course everything my Aunt made was wonderful. :-)
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) can pears (do not drain, i use pears packed in water, if packed in syrup you may want to adjust the sugar)
- 4 cups milk
- 1 dash salt
- Dissolve jello in boiling water.
- Add sugar and stir well, cool.
- Mash pears or blend in a food processor.
- Stir pears into jello mixture.
- Add milk and salt to pear/jello mixture and stir well.
- Pour into an ice cream maker or place into a large bowl and put in freezer.
- After two hours or so take out of the freezer and put into a mixing bowl and beat on high until smooth and fluffy.
- Refreeze until firm.