Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A nice change from applesauce. My family loves when I use the almond option. We eat this as a side, topping on pancakes, or in any recipe that calls for applesauce. It will keep for about a 10 days in the frig and freezes very well.
- 6 pears, Bartlett work best, peeled, cored and diced
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 2 teaspoons almond extract (optional but strongly recommended)
- Mix all ingredients in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat, cover and simmer on low for 15 to20 minutes or until pears are tender.
- Mash leaving some chunks.
- Store in fridge or freezer.
My DH loved this recipe. I was able to whip this nice desert up in no time at all. Have already made a batch of this to freeze so that my DH can have this at a later time. Thanks for posting this for us to try.
I made a double batch of this sauce, one with the almond extract & the other without ~ The latter batch I used added to some homemade cranberry sauce I'd made the day before & the combo sauce was very tasty! Loved the sauce as written, too, & it was great served with turkey we had left over from several Thanksgiving gatherings! Thanks for posting this great recipe! [Made & reviewed as a PRMR Holiday Special reward]