Charlotte J's Note:
My Aunt and Uncle keeps me supplied in pears from their tree. The kids just love my sauce because it taste like candy they say. Depending on how wet or dry the growing season was will make difference on how much juice the pears contain. The juice content governs how long you will microwave the pears. We really enjoy making pear sauce this is how I make mine. This year we had a late frost in the spring so I have no pears to freeze.
My Private Note
batch o ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place pears in a microwave bowl with a lid, leave lid off of the bowl just a bit.
- 2Microwave on High for 20 minutes.
- 3Check to see how tender they are, if tender use a masher and mash them, if not return to microwave for another 20 minutes.
- 4Do not mash fine, as you want it to be chunky.
- 5Keep repeating step 2 until the juice has been decreased by 75%. Watch that it does not burn.
- 6Put into plastic containers and freeze.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pear Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (1610 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 957.0
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 16.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 255.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 51.1 g
- Sugars 161.7 g
- Protein 6.2 g