Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
My Aunt and Uncle keeps me supplied in pears from their tree. The kids just love my sauce because it taste like candy they say. Depending on how wet or dry the growing season was will make difference on how much juice the pears contain. The juice content governs how long you will microwave the pears. We really enjoy making pear sauce this is how I make mine. This year we had a late frost in the spring so I have no pears to freeze.
- Place pears in a microwave bowl with a lid, leave lid off of the bowl just a bit.
- Microwave on High for 20 minutes.
- Check to see how tender they are, if tender use a masher and mash them, if not return to microwave for another 20 minutes.
- Do not mash fine, as you want it to be chunky.
- Keep repeating step 2 until the juice has been decreased by 75%. Watch that it does not burn.
- Put into plastic containers and freeze.