Recipe by MTpockets
I have not tried this one yet but I thought It sounded interesting so I thought I'd save it here until I can try it myself. For more texture you could add 1/2 cup of chopped nuts to this salad. Cook time is chill time.
Top Review by Nancy B.
Woops! Forgot to say that I kept the pears in-tact and didn't mash them although I've made this dish both ways. Some like the firmness of the pears when I leave them alone but it's definitely a personal preference kind of thing. Sorry I didn't mention this in my previous review ... but it's still a 5-star rating!
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pear halves (reserve 1 cup of juice)
- 1 (3 ounce) package lime gelatin
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, add 1 cup of pear juice and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl combine dry lime gelatin with pear juice and stir until gelatin is dissolved.
- Chill until partially set.
- In a medium bowl, cream the cream cheese with milk until blended and smooth.
- In a small bowl, mash pears until smooth. Mix with the cream cheese mixture and mix until smooth.
- Combine gelatin mixture and cream cheese mixture and blend until smooth.
- Fold in cool whip.
- Pour into a mold or leave in a bowl and chill 2-3 hours or until set.