Recipe by Derf
Mmmmmmm pears, fruit and blue cheese with a little crunch, great taste! one hour chill time.
Top Review by Rita~
The dressing is so creamy rich. I really liked this salad so different. A Refreshing,crisp creamy salad. I couldn`t purchase pomegranate, but as soon as I see it in season this salad will be made again!
- 2 large ripe pears, cored and sliced
- 1 orange, sectioned
- 2 cups melon balls (honeydew is nice)
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, well drained
- 1 pomegranate, cut in half crosswise
- 1⁄2 cup hazelnuts, toasted and rough chopped (filberts)
- 4 -8 leaves inner romaine lettuce
- 1⁄4 cup milk (I use 2%)
- 1⁄4 cup red wine or 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 4 ounces blue cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Place in a salad bowl, pear slices, orange sections, melon balls and water chestnut slices.
- Take half the pomegrante, hold it above the bowl and whack it with a wooden spoon so that the seeds fall into the bowl.
- Repeat with the other half.
- Gently mix the fruit and set aside.
- Dressing: Place all dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- Process until no lumps remain.
- Pour over fruit, cover and let stand in the fridge at least an hour.
- Just before serving, gently mix and sprinkle hazelnuts over.
- Serve very cold on salad plates lined with roamaine lettuce leaves or serve straight from the bowl.
- (We like this salad served very cold best but it is also very good served at room temperature.).