Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the Closet Cooking blog
Make and share this Pear Salad With and Bacon, Gorgonzola and Candied Walnuts recipe from Food.com.
- 2 pears (cored and sliced)
- 1 green onion (sliced)
- 2 slices bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 1⁄4 cup gorgonzola (crumbled)
- 1⁄4 cup candied walnuts
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon walnut oil (or olive oil)
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- Assemble salad.
- Mix the lemon juice, oil, maple syrup, dijon mustard, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Toss the salad with the dressing to coat.
Loved this salad. I did add Romaine, and chicken. I also made a second dressing as I didn't this one was enough for DH (he loves extra) so made Balsamic Vinaigrette. This is also excellent.
This is such a great salad...wow! Normally, I'm not a huge fan of bacon, but the bacon in this salad really made the over all flavor special. I made no changes to the recipe. I served the salad mixture on a bed of greens. Thanx for posting!