Ann C.'s Note:
I don't know why this is called Pear Salad because there are no pears in it! However, my father-in-law passed this on to me and it is fabulous! I have been making for get together and everyone asks for the recipe. This is a very "forgiving" recipe as you can substitute just about anything in the salad part of it, its the dressing that really shines! I have used spinach leaves, pineapple, mandarin oranges and feta cheese in place of other ingredients and it made an equally delicious salad. Get creative and enjoy!
My Private Note
Large B ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (12 ounce) bag romaine lettuce
- 1 (12 ounce) bag mixed baby lettuces and spring greens
- 1 cup celery, cut thin
- 1 cup bacon bits
- 1 (4 ounce) container gorgonzola, crumbles
- 1 granny smith apple, cut in small chunks
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup sliced strawberry
- 1Mix all ingredients for the salad in a large bowl.
- 2Whisk and chill all ingredients for dressing.
- 3Toss together before serving.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pear Salad
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 406.3
- Calories from Fat 301
- Total Fat 33.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 11.5 mg
- Sodium 263.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 19.1 g
- Protein 4.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: