Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
My MIL gave this recipe to me. If you don't like raspberries, use your favorite flavor of yogurt!
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 6 pears, in halves (canned or fresh pears)
- 12 tablespoons raspberry yogurt
- 12 teaspoons pecans, chopped
- Put one lettuce leaf on each of six salad plates.
- If using fresh pears, peel, core and cut in half.
- Top each lettuce leaf with two pear halves.
- Put 1 T of yogurt on each pear half.
- Sprinkle 1 t pecans on top of each pear.
- Serve immediately.
This salad is a delight, Simple and elegant - You feel special enjoying it. I felt like something light for lunch, had all the ingredients and thoroughly enjoyed it I used Activia no fat raspberry yogurt. Thanks Dreamgoddess for a keeper
While my husband didn't care for this type of salad, I have to say I thought the salad was ok, but I do however prefer the old standard Pear Salad Recipe... lettuce leaf with cottage cheese, (and sugar sprinkled ontop of the cottage cheese) then topped with either a pear (or) a peach, and a maraschino cherry. Guess it's just a preference! But thank you for the recipe DreamGoddess. I'm sure others here will enjoy this salad.
I garnished with a Chiffonade Of fresh mint and topped with Crunchy Glazed Pecans by GinnyP Crunchy Glazed Pecans.