Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
- 12 large pears, peeled,cut into pieces and ground
- 6 red bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 6 green bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 6 large onions, chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- Mix all the ingredients together in a big pot and cook them until the mixture is thick (about 1 hour).
- Stir frequently.
- Ladle the relish into hot, sterilized pint jars, cover, and process in a boiling bath for 15 minutes.
This recipe is so almost identical to the recipe I use. The only major difference is that I use hot peppers in my recipe also. We love spicy food, so I just add whatever hot peppers I have on hand when I make this. People beg for a jar of this as a gift.