Recipe by Wendy's Kitchen
I was looking for a recipe for a pear and raspberry bread/loaf. Found this on www.taste.com.au. Highly recommend this site for lots of good Australian recipes. Recipe by Gemma Purcell
- 2 josephine pears, peeled, quartered, core removed
- 2 cups self-raising flour, sifted
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 270 g ayam light coconut milk
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180°C Line a 9cm x 22cm (base) loaf pan with non-stick baking paper. Cut the pear into 2cm pieces.
- Combine the flour, coconut and sugar in a large bowl. Whisk together the coconut milk, eggs and vanilla extract. Add to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Gently stir in the pears and frozen raspberries make sure you don't over mix. Spoon into the pan and smooth the surface. Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Set aside for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.