Recipe by ellie_
This is made in pear or other canned fruit (15 ounce) cans, but can also used a standard 9x5 bread pan. Source: Shopper's Newsletter
Top Review by loof
Very tasty pumpkin bread! Like another reviewer I had to add more pumpkin to make the batter come together. I left out the coconut; I baked in 4 ceramic mini-loaf pans and used the cooking time specified for baking in the cans. Thanks for sharing your recipe!
- 473.18 ml flour
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 118.29 ml white sugar
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml pumpkin pie spice
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 118.29 ml canned pumpkin
- 78.07 ml vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4.92 ml lemon juice
- 425.24 g cansliced pear halves in natural juice, drained and chopped
- 118.29 ml pecans, chopped
- 118.29 ml coconut, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- ****Note--if you use the four pear or canned fruit cans (15 ounce size)--open one end of 3 cans, drain fruit into bowl (except for the one can of pears) refrigerate for a later use. Wash and dry all four cans and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- Open can of pears, drain juice and chop pears. Set aside. (see above if using cans for baking).
- In a large bowl, combine first 7 ingredients (flour - baking soda), stir to combine.
- In another bowl, combine next 4 ingredients (pumpkin - lemon juice). Stir in chopped pears. Add pumpkin mixture to dry ingredients, stir well to combine.
- Stir in pecans and coconut.
- Spray cans or one 9x5 bread pan with Pam (or other cooking spray). If using cans place cans of baking sheet.
- Spoon batter into cans or bread pan.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes if using cans or 70-75 minutes for bread loaf pan or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.