Recipe by WI Cheesehead
This is a simple crockpot recipe I got from another mom. If your crockpot cooks hot, I recommend a shorter time and checking it periodically. I did mine on high and it started burning around the edges at 2 1/2 hours. All I had to serve with it was powdered sugar and my 5 yo gobbled down 2 pieces, asking for more!
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups sliced pears (or fruit of your choice)
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 3⁄4 tablespoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly butter a 4-5 crock slow cooker.
- In a large bowl combine sugars and baking mix.
- In a separate bowl beat the eggs lightly and stir in milk, melted butter, vanilla & cinnamon. Stir to combine then pour into dry ingredients.
- Add the pears last and gently stir.
- Pour batter into the slow cooker. Cover with a thick clean dish cloth (to absorb the moisture).
- Cook on low for 6 hrs or high for 3 hours.
- Serve warm w/ice cream or whipped topping -- YUM!