Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A nice Pantry dessert. Made from thing you always have around. But a bit of ice cream on top doesn't hurt.
- 1 cup flour
- 2⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash ground cloves
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 16 ounces pears, drained and cut in pieces
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- Mix flour, sugar, baking power, cinnamon, salt, cloves, milk and pears.
- Mix gently.
- Pour into a greased casserole dish.
- In a small saucepan bring 3/4 cup water to a boil.
- Adds 1/4 cup butter and 3/4 cup brown sugar.
- Stir until butter and sugar have melted.
- Gently pour this over the batter.
- Do not stir.
- Bake 375 for 45 minutes.