Recipe by internetnut
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from Tops courtesy of California Pear Advisory Board.
- 12 ounces refrigerated pie crusts
- 3 small ripe bartlett pears, peeled, cored and diced
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Place pie crusts on a cutting board and roll each into a 12" circle. Cut 3 circles from each crust using a 5" bowl as a guide. Gather up remaining dough and roll out on a lightly floured board; cut into 2 more circles.
- In a medium bowl, combine pears with brown sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg; toss well to combine. Place equal amounts of fruit onto half of each circle, leaving excess liquid in bowl.
- Brush edges of dough with water. Pick up each circle like a taco shell, with rounded sides up, and pinch edges together to enclose filling.
- Place on a lightly greased baking sheet and press with the tines of a fork to seal. Brush with milk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.