Recipe by Lucky.Wife
I found a cookbook that my mother in law Helen had. It is Better Homes and Gardens: So Good with Fruit and the date on the book is 1967. So I will be posting a bunch of recipes from the book so I don't lose them.
- 3 1⁄2 cups pear halves in natural juice
- 1 (3 ounce) package orange-pineapple flavored gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (3 ounce) packagesoftened cream cheese
- 5 canned pineapple slices, halved
- thin strips pimiento
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain pears; reserve 1 cup syrup. Dissolve gelatin in water. Stir in reserved pear syrup, lemon juice, salt and ginger. Chill till partially set.
- Meanwhile, stir nuts into cream cheese; shape into small balls; place one in center of each pear half.
- Overlap pineapple slices and pear halves into 6 1/2 cup ring mold with cut side of pear toward center.
- Arrange pimento strips between. Pour gelatin mixture over all. Chill till firm.